FOOD GRADE GUTTER GUARDS NOW AVAILABLE!
GutterStuff® Safe Water Food Grade gutter guards are designed to be coarse pre-filters for rainwater catchment and rainwater harvesting systems and are fully tested to be effective in keeping debris out while also not leaching any chemicals out of the foam.
GutterStuff® Safe Water Food Grade foam filter inserts meet the Australian Standards Testing AS-3855 and AS-4020 which tests a wide variety of products from all over the world which come in contact with water intended for human consumption. In order to pass the testing, the products must not affect the taste or appearance of water, not support the growth of microorganisms, and not release cytotoxic or mutagenic compounds or metals.
- Taste – A trained panel tastes water extracts to determine whether products release any compounds that impart discernible taste.
- Appearance – Water that has been in contact with a product is examined for any increase in colour or turbidity.
- Growth of Microorganisms – In a test that takes 8 weeks products are examined for the ability to support bacterial growth.
- Cytotoxicity – Water extracts are tested for cytotoxicity using mammalian cell lines maintained in laboratory culture. Any adverse effect on the health of the cells is recorded as a cytotoxic effect.
- Genetic Toxicity – An AMES test is used to determine whether product release mutagenic compounds. Water extracts are mixed with specific bacteria. Any measured change in the genetic nature of the bacteria is regarded as evidence of mutagenic activity.
- Extraction of Metals – Water extracts are examined for the release of Arsenic, Antimony, Barium, Cadmium, Lead, Mercury, Nickel, Selenium or Silver.
GutterStuff® Safe Water foam filter inserts are commonly used in a wide variety of rainwater catchment, rainwater harvesting, aquaponics, hydroponics, rooftop gardening, urban farming and other unique applications where water is captured for human consumption or going to be used for growing food for human consumption.
GutterStuff® Safe Water gutter guards are available in all of our common shapes and sizes and can also be custom cut to fit whatever your needs are. Because they have no protective coatings, they carry a 3-year manufacturer’s performance warranty. The foam we use for our Safe Water product is different from the foam we use for our EZ, Original, PRO, FR, and PRO FR products lines and has been tested to be safe for human consumption according to the widely-used Australian Standards Testing.
HOW TO ORDER SAFE WATER PRODUCTS
As of right now, GutterStuff® Safe Water foam filter inserts must be custom ordered on the phone and are not yet available to order direct on our website. If you’d like to purchase them, please call us at 866-766-3442.